Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Holy Crap I'm Going to Uni

I got in. Getting in for me is like the absolute epitomy of the “excited but terrified” thing I imagine bungee jumpers must feel. Both are voluntary and both can scar you for life.
My greatest fear was validated at our first OPTIONAL ATTENDANCE introduction lecture. I sat beside three tiny 18 year old Chinese girls who were on their phones MSN or whatever chatting with what I can only assume were their teddy bears the whole 1.5 hours. It’s OPTIONAL, tiny Chinese chicks, you can text from the comfort of your own home! (Or, rather, your parent’s homes). I left with this sinking feeling that I may be yelling at people in my classes to shut the f up because some of us are trying to learn! I suppose I will also be appalled at the shortness of skirts and disrespect to lecturers who I actually like and appreciate as people and can imagine having coffee with. Sigh. Guess I better go buy some pearls so I can appropriately clutch at them every time I see couples vigorously making out on the lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment